mar, 13 dic|
Collective Embodiment Workshop
Evolving as a Community ~ Introductory workshop exploring the world of multiple-handed Lomi Lomi massage rituals
Time & Location
13 dic 2022, 10:00 – 18:00
València, Carrer de Lluís de Santàngel, 23, 46005 València, Valencia, Spain
About the event
The ancient Hawaiian tradition knew about a 15-day long once in a life time initiation that was carried out on highly important occasions, for example when they appointed a new chief to lead the tribe. These transformational rituals meant 10-24 hours of massages and treatments each day – so sometimes it literally went on non-stop – and were carried out by a group of people, typically the elders and healers of the family.
An interesting aspect of these rituals was the evolution that the 'givers', as a community went through while offering their presence and touch to the one 'receiving': they had the chance to engage with a collaborative process, where listening to their own inner guidance and at the same time surrendering together to something greater than themselves could take place. The much sought for balance of individual and collective self-realisation.
During our mini-workshop we will step into the energy and practice of these rituals: after some preparation we will provide each other short multiple-handed sessions. Learning Lomi Lomi is literally a life long journey, so instead of aiming to teach Lomi Lomi, we are simply going to explore together something that Dan refers to as “conscious touch” – a deeply human quality and nourishing experience that is beyond techniques and cultures.
This workshop is for:
- Everyone is welcome ~ from people with no experience at all, to massage therapists & body work practitioners.
- The workshop is suitable for anybody who wishes to learn about conscious touch & how to use their hands in a loving & healing way.
- People who have the innocent curiosity to dive into the world of multiple-handed massage experiences - to give it to others and to receive them from others during the workshop.
In this one-day workshop you will learn:
- About the ancient tradition & history of Lomi Lomi
- How to be fully present in your own body & with another person
- How to see another person without judgements & how to allow yourself to be seen
- Why Lomi Lomi is called the massage of ’loving hands’
Also you will take away:
- A mind-blowing & heart-opening multiple-handed massage experience
- The know-how of the life changing here & now breathing practice
- A deeply nourishing experience of slowing down
Date and investment:
Tuesday: December 13th 2022, 10:00 am- 18:00pm
Space is limited, reserve your spot with 30€ downpayment.
About Dan Joy
Dan is an author, life coach, mediator, cuddle therapist and Lomi Lomi massage teacher. Having degrees in theology, organisational development supervision and bank management, he's got a versatile experience both in working in the corporate sector and in the field of complementary therapy.
Dan's liberating journey towards self-expression and compassion guided him through shadows and lights, expending the embodiment of this human existence to be one where your eyes see heaven but your feet are rooted in earth. With his team they offer day long 4-, 6- and 8-handed rites of passage, wedding and leadership development programmes to prepare people for and to mark important mile stones in their lives and are enlisted by Time Out as ’one of the best massages in London’.
Dan had the honour of massaging people like enlightened master Mooji, Grammy Awarded artists or writer Neil Gaiman and yoga teacher authorities like Jeff Phenix, Kwali Kumara or James French. His mission is to help facilitate the awakening of humankind, with the gift of being able to help people to feel home in their bodies.
More information: www.stayintouch.earth
A video about our team:
Author, Trainer, Life Coach, Mediator
The Psychedelic Society